Last Updated : 06 Nov 2017
Beetroot halwa is a popular North Indian sweet dish with flavors of beetroot which is a good source of iron and folic acid.
- Grated beetroot - 1 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Milk powder - 2 tablespoons
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Chopped dry fruits - 1 tablespoon
- Ghee - 3 tablespoons
- Cardamom/ elaichi powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Heat a pan and add grated beetroot to it. Cook it on a medium flame with a covered lid.
- When beetroot is cooked completely, add 1/2 cup of milk and saute for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Take a mixing bowl, add milk powder and the remaining milk and mix very well
- Add the milk mixture and sugar to the beetroot mixture. Mix it and saute until beetroot becomes sticky in dough form.
- Add ghee and cardamom powder, Mix very well and then switch off the gas
- Delicious beetroot halwa is ready to be served. Garnish with chopped dry nuts.