Last Updated : 08 Nov 2017
Pittod tikka recipe is popular snack dish in the state of Rajasthan
- FOR PITTOD - Besan/ gram flour - 1 cup
- Curd/ dahi - 2 tablespoons
- Salt/ namak to taste
- Water/ pani - 2 and 2/3 cup
- FOR TIKKA - Capsicum/ simla mirch - 1
- Tomato/ tamatar - 1, Onion - 1 big
- Garlic/ lehsun paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Chaat masala - 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli/ lal mirch powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Yoghurt/ dahi - 3 tablespoons
- Garam masala - 1/4 teaspoon
- Take a microwave safe bowl and mix all the ingredients of pittod and make a thin batter by adding water
- Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes. Remove and beat the batter. Again, cook for 2 minutes in the microwave. Remove and beat again. For the last time, cook for 1 minute in the microwave and beat. Spread it on a plate. Thickness should be 1/2 inches. Cut them in rectangular shape once it cools down.
- For tikka, chop the vegetables in cubes. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients of tikka and marinate for 2 hours at least.
- Pierce the pittod cubes, onions, capsicums and tomatoes on a skewer and turn over a fire or under the grill for 15 minutes by cooking on all the sides.
- Delicious pittod tikka is ready now. Serve it hot with coriander chutney or sauce.