Leopard Print Donuts
Last Updated : 08 Nov 2017
Leopard print donuts is a delicious sweet recipe with leopard prints on it.
- Maida/ All purpose flour - 3 cups
- Dry yeast - 1 teaspoon
- Sugar/ cheeni - 1 teaspoon
- Warm milk/ doodh - 1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder - 3 tablespoons
- Salt/ namak - a pinch
- Oil/ tel - 4 tablespoons
- Dark chocolate sauce -1/2 cup
- White chocolate sauce - 1/2 cup
- Caramel sauce - 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar/ cheeni - 2 tablespoons
- Cinnamon/ dalchini powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil/ tel for deep fry
- Water/ pani as required for making dough
- First, activate the dry yeast - Add yeast and sugar to the warm milk. Mix gently and rest it for 10 minutes
- Take a mixing bowl, add maida, activated yeast (as done above), 3 tablespoons of oil and salt and make a soft dough using warm water.
- Knead the dough thoroughly for 12 minutes to generate the gluten.
- After kneading the dough, divide it into 3 parts: 50%, 25% , and 25% respectively.
- Take the first 50% part in a greased bowl, cover it and rest for 1 hour or until it doubles in the size.
- To the second 25% part, add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon water and knead well. Take a greased bowl and cover it. Let it rest for 1 hour or until it doubles in the size.
- To the third 25% part, add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and 2 teaspoons of warm water, knead very well. Take this also in a greased bowl, cover it and rest for 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- When all the three parts of dough become double in the size, knead again for 2 minutes and divide it into 8 parts.
- Take one part from the first 50% part and roll it using a rolling pin in a cylindrical shape. The length should be 6 inches.
- Similarly, take one part of the third 25% part and roll it using a rolling pin in a cylindrical shape. The length should be 6 inches.
- Take one part of the second 25% part dough and make a stick from it. The length should be 6 inches.
- Keep one stick from second 25% part and put it in the center of the third 25%. Roll it.
- Now put these sticks at the center of the first 50% part in a cylindrical shape and roll it.
- Repeat this process with all parts and make a ring by joining both the edges.
- Rest for 1 hour or until it gets doubled in size.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry doughnuts on medium flame
- Coat them with the mixture of sugar powder and cinnamon powder.
- Allow them to cool down completely and then decorate it with dark chocolate sauce, white chocolate sauce and caramel sauce.
- Yummy leopard print donuts are ready to be served!