Last Updated : 09 Nov 2017
- FOR KOFTAS - Grated lauki/ bottlegourd - 250 gms
- Besan/ gram flour - 1 /2 cup
- Salt/ namak – as per taste
- Red chilli/ lal mirch powder and fennel/ saunf as per taste
- Asafoetida/ heeng - a pinch
- FOR GRAVY - Malai/ cream - 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds/ jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Tomato/ tamatar puree - 1 and 1/2 cups
- Curd/ dahi - 1 cup
- Whole garm masala - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric/ haldi, red chili/ lal mirch powder, coriander/ dhaniya powder, garam masala and salt/ namak according to taste
- Ginger/ adarak and green chili/ hari mirch paste - 1 teaspoon
- Chopped coriander leaves/ dhaniya patta for garnishing the curry
- Mix all the ingredients of kofta and make medium size balls
- Heat enough oil on medium flame and fry the koftas till it gets golden brown color. Set them aside and let us prepare the gravy for curry.
- Heat oil in a pan, add jeera. Add whole garam masala and saute for 2 minutes on low flame
- Now add ginger and chili paste and saute for 2 minutes on low flame
- Add tomato puree, red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric. Saute until the oil gets separated from spices on medium flame.
- Add beaten curd, malai and stir continuously the curry until gravy starts boiling. Now add enough water, koftas and add remaining spices and salt.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes on medium flame. Switch off the gas and add chopped coriander in the gravy.
- Delicious lauki kofta is ready to be served with hot phulkas/ rice!