Tutti fruity cake (in pressure cooker )
Last Updated : 22 Dec 2017
tutti fruity cake (in a pressure cooker )
- All purpose Flour(Maida) – 1 cup + 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/8 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Tutti Frutti – 1/2 cup
- Wet Ingredients:
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Hot water – 3/4 cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Whisk together flour,baking powder and baking soda together in a bowl,Set aside.In a seperate bowl – add all ingredients under the ‘wet ingredients’ lemon juice and mix well till sugar dissolves completely.
- Then add flour in 2 parts.
- Whisk it well to form a smooth creamy batter.Mix tutti frutti with a tsp of flour and mix well.Then add tutti frutti and give a quick stir.
- Grease the cake pan with butter and sprinkle flour, tap the cake tin for the flour to spread evenly.Squeeze lemon to extract juice from it….measure a tbsp from it and add it to the cake batter and immediately pour into the greased cake pan.
- then preheat the cooker and then add lemon juice mix well adn transfer to the cake tin. As after adding lemon juice it is advisable to bake it immediately.
- Remove the gasket(black rubber kind of thing) from the lid of your pressure cooker.Close the cooker with a lid with no whistle. Keep the flame to medium high for 5mins Dont add water.
- Pressure cook without whistle in medium heat for first 5 mins then lower the heat to little above sim and cook for 30-35 mins or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean
- If the toothpick is sticky then bake for another 5-10 mins. After 30 mins switch off and leave the cake in the cooker for 5 more mins then open.
- Carefully remove the cake pan from the cooker and place it on a wet cloth for 5 mins. After 10 minute run the knife around the edges of cake tin.Then invert the cake pan to remove the cake.
- Serve it warm or at room temperature!