Maharashtrian style fresh Green Tuvar ki amti
Last Updated : 03 Jan 2018
Maharashtrian style fresh green Tuvar ki amti
- Green pigeon peas(Green Tuvar) - 1 Cup,
- onion -1 chopped,
- Garlic - 6-7cloves,
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece,
- Green chili - 3 or 4,
- Cilantro(Coriander leaves) - 1/2 Cup,
- Cumin seeds - 2 Tsp,
- Ground nut powder - 2 Tbsp,
- Shredded coconut - 2 Tbsp,
- Oil - 3 Tbsp,
- Red chili powder - 1 Tsp,
- Turmeric powder - 1 Tsp,
- Goda masala - 1 Tsp,
- Asafoetida - a pinch,
- Salt - to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan and add cumin seeds to this add green chilies,garlic and ginger fry for 1 min add chopped onion and cook for 3-4 minutes.Add shredded coconut and green green tovar and fry for 8-10 mins on low flame.now add chopped tomatoes and cook for 2-3 min add groundnut powder.
- Let it cool and grind by adding little water to thick paste.
- Heat remaining oil in pan, crackle mustard seeds and add asafoetida.Add the grind mixture and fry till it becomes dry.Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and goda masala .Add 1 1/2 cup of water and salt and cook for 10 mins on low flame.
- garnish with fresh coriander and serve with rice or chapati