Last Updated : 07 Jan 2018
- Dry Ingredients:
- 3/4 Cup Fingermillet/ Ragi powder
- 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat flour/ Atta
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 2/3 Cup powdered Jaggery (can be substituted with Cane sugar)
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- 2/3 Cup unsalted Butter (150 grams)
- 1/3 Cup Yogurt/ thick Curd
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- Preheat oven at 180 C for 10 mins.
- Sift all the dry ingredients in a bowl to remove all the lumps. Keep aside.
- Melt butter in the microwave. Allow it to cool completely. Add powdered jaggery and whisk till the jaggery melts in the butter.
- Add milk, curd and vanilla (All at room temperature) and whisk till well mixed.
- Now add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet mixture little by little, mixing using a spatula. Mix well so that both the mixtures are well combined but do not over mix.
- Grease a loaf pan with butter or line with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan. Smoothen the surface using the spatula
- Bake at 180 C for 30 to 35 mins. Mine got done at exactly 30 mins. Prick a toothpick in the center to see if it comes out clear. don't open the door till it is cooked for 25 min
- Slice and serve.