Last Updated : 26 Apr 2016
Akki rotti is a poular rice-based breakfast in Karnataka. This rice-pancake is a mixture of rice flour,carrot,onion,cucumber and served hot with coconut chutney. Crispy and healthy rotti.
- 2 cups rice flour
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 1 cup grated cucumber
- 1 cup carrot
- 4 finely chopped green chilles
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander powder(daniya)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp sambar powder(optional)
- Handfull of chopped coriander leaves
- 3 tbsp hot oil
- salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in bowl .
- Add 2tbsp oil, water in parts(if needed) and knead a dough(softer than chapathi dough).Rest for 10min
- Take a oil cover (or butter paper) and apply some oil on one side of the cover as well as to your palm(oterwise dough sticks)
- Then take handful of dough put it on cover and start spreading it evenly from center with the help of your fingers.
- Heat the tawa ,spread 1 tsp oil on it
- Carefully put the thalipeeth cover on tawa, slowly remove the cover. Cook on both sides.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney/peanut chutney/curds/red chilli sauce