Last Updated : 14 Jan 2018
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 green chilies
- 1/2 tea spn cumin seeds
- 3-4 peppercorns
- 1 tea spn chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 strands of coriander leaves
- 1 tbl spn fresh/frozen coconut
- 1/4 tea spn tamarind extract
- 1/2 tea spn mustard seeds
- 1/4 tea spn jaggery
- A handful of cooked pulses
- 4-5 curry leaves
- oil 4 tsp
- salt to teast
- in a cooker take pulses/vegetable/greens and required water and cook until it done. and later Strain the water off the vegetables or pulses or greens,and used for this saru.
- Heat a little oil and add cumin seeds, green chilies, peppercorns, garlic, onions till they turn soft. Grind this along with coconut, coriander leaves, pulses.
- Add the paste to the strained water along with salt, tamarind and jaggery till it boils well.
- heat a little oil and add mustard seeds. When they start popping, add curry leaves. Pour this seasoning over the saru.
- Serve as a gravy with rice or ragi mudde.