Last Updated : 10 Mar 2016
- juicy lemons
- kg sugar
- cup salt
- tsp cumin powder
- cup red chili powder
- coarsly powder mustard seeds
- Wash and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Take 4 out of 12 and extract the juice in a bowl and keep aside the juice.
- Then cut each lemon into 4 pieces and deseed it.
- in a big bowl add lemon pieces,juice,salt, red chili powder ,mustard and cumin powder.
- Mix well. Then transfer to a pickle(glass)jar
- Close it with an airtight lid for 1 week.
- After a week, boil sugar and water to get a one string consistency syrup.Cool it.
- add lemon pieces to this syrup mix well and again transfer to pickle jar.
- If needed add some sugar on top of the jar and close the lid tightly.
- Marinate it for 5 months to get rid of bitterness.