Last Updated : 25 Jan 2018
- Whole Wheat flour- 1 cup
- Jawar Flour- 1/2 cup
- Rice Flour- 1/2 cup
- Besan/ Chickpea Flour- 1/2 cup
- Onion, finely chopped- 1/4 cup
- Coriander powder-2 tsp (optional)
- Ginger- 1 inch
- Green Chillies- 3-4
- Garam Masala- 1 tsp (optional)
- Cumin seeds-1 tspFresh coriander,
- finely chopped- 1/2 cup
- Red Chilli powder (optional)- 1/2 tsp
- Sesame seeds-2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Jaggery- 2 tsp (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients (except oil) together to make a soft pliable dough Knead and leave for 15 minutes or so.
- The easy way to pat out a thalipeeth is to get a small plastic or ziploc bag and moisten it with water.
- Now heat tawa and then With wet hands, flatten to a circle and make holes in it.
- Now invert the whole thing, ziploc and all on your hand. Gently remove the ziploc bag .
- Now pop onto a greased hot tawa and spread some oil around it and into the holes that you have made.
- Fry on a medium heat on both sides, by adding oil/ ghee till both sides are well cooked, glossy and have beautiful brown spots on them.
- Serve with a dollop of ghee on top and yoghurt on the side.