Last Updated : 25 Jan 2018
- 4 cups Idli batter
- 1 cup Palak puree
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2-3 green chillies paste
- 1 tbsp Gun powder (Idli molagai podi)
- 1/2 tsp Everest Kashmirilal Chilli Powder1 Green chilli and
- 1 small piece ginger paste
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 4 tbsp Grated coconut
- Freshly chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard seedsFew curry leaves (broken in bits)
- 1 tsp Oil
- For making orange batter, mix one portion of batter, gun powder and chilli powder.
- For making white batter, keep one portion of the plain batter aside in separate bowl.
- For making green batter, mix the remaining third portion of batter, palak puree, ginger paste, green chilli paste and a pinch of salt.Now mix all the ingredients mentioned for a green layer.
- Keep good amount of water in a big vessel on high heat.Grease any flat steel plate and transfer the prepared green batter to a greased plate and steam it over the vessel of water.
- When it is done, pour one cup batter for white layer and steam.Later, add the third and orange layer on top of it and steam.
- Later, add the third and orange layer on top of it and steam.Dhokla will be done after about 15 minutes, remove and allow to cool.
- Cut it into desired shapes and arrange in a plate, in such a way that they should look like Tiranga Dhokla.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan and make the tempering of seasoning ingredients.
- Pour the seasoning over Tiranga dhokla and garnish with grated coconut and chopped coriander.Serve with green chutney and sweet chutney.