Last Updated : 29 Jan 2018
- Wheat flour-11/2 cup
- Sooji-1/4 cup
- coriander leaves ,chopped-1 tbsp
- Thick tomato puree-1 cup
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- ajwai seeds-1tsp
- Chili powder- 11/2 tsp
- salt to taste
- Cooking oil-1 tbsp
- oil for deep-frying
- In a bowl take wheat flour,soon,salt, oil
- chilly powder,ajwain seeds ,chopped coriander leaves, cuminseeds mix everything well use TOMATO PUREE
- and knead a medium stiff dough.add few tsp of water if needed.Cover and rest the dough for 10 minutes
- Now make small balls from the dough and dust with flour and roll to make medium thick pooris.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and gently slide the poori in the hot oil.After adding in the oil ,reduce the heat to medium and gently press the poori from one side with a slotted spoon,it helpes to puff up the poori.
- Fry from both the sides till golden in colour,remove from the pan and drain on a paper napkin.
- serve hot TOMATO POORI with curd,raita or any CHUTNEY