Last Updated : 30 Jan 2018
- 1 cup rava (semolina or sooji)
- 1/2 cup sour curd
- 3 to 4 chopped green chillies
- Few chopped coriander leaves
- Few chopped curry leaves
- Few chopped cashew nuts
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 3 to 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 packet of Eno
- Salt as requiredOil
- For tempering
- Heat a pan with a teaspoon of oil and mustard seeds. Let the seeds pop.
- Add chana dal and fry until it turns golden in colour.Add chillies and cashew nuts. Fry further.
- Add curry leaves and switch off the gas. Keep the mixture aside.
- For rava idlis
- Heat a pan and add ghee.When the ghee is hot, add rava.Fry until the rava is little golden brown
- Mix the tempering to the rava.Add curd. Mix well and ensure no lumps are formed.
- Add water and coriander and make a batter. The batter shouldn't be too thick or thin.and add salt and keep it aside for 30 min
- Grease the idli moulds with oil.
- Add the Eno packet to the ravabatter while stirring fast.Pour a ladleful of batter in each of the moulds.
- Place the moulds in the idlicooker. Steam for 15 minutes.Once done, switch off the gas and open the cooker.check the idli if it's properly cooked
- and then serve it with chutney