Last Updated : 01 Feb 2018
- 1 cup cashews,
- ½ cup sugar,
- ¼ cup water,
- 1 tsp cardamom powder,
- 1 tsp ghee,
- in a small mixer jar, take 1 cup cashews .
- grind to smooth powder. keep aside.
- now in a non stick pan, take ½ cup of sugar along with ¼ cup of water.keep the flame on low and keep on stirring to form syrup.stir the sugar syrup till it forms 1 string consistency.now sieve the ground cashew powder and mix into the syrup.add cardamom powder and continue to mix till it starts releasing from pan.
- once the cashew paste turns to dough leaving the pan add a tsp of ghee.continue to mix till the ghee melts completely and cashew dough is formed leaving the pan.
- switch off the stove. and grease the butter paper with ghee.transfer the cashew dough on to the butter paper.grease your hand with little ghee once you get smooth dough, cover with butter paper.then roll the dough with a rolling-pin, adjusting the thickness.
- now cut the dough into diamond shape or the shape you wish for.kaju KATLI is ready to serve