Last Updated : 08 Feb 2018
- For The Dough
- 4 cups plain flour (maida)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- For The Stuffing
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 pinch asafoetida
- 1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/3 cup cooked yellow moong dal (split yellow gram)
- 1/2 cup boiled and mashed green peas
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 tsp coriander
- salt to taste
- plain flour (maida) for rolling
- oil for cooking
- For the dough
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using enough water.
- Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.Divide the dough into 9 equal portions and keep aside.
- For the stuffing
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, ginger-green chilli paste, chilli powder mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the moong dal, mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, divide the mixture into 3 equal portions and keep aside to cool.
- Combine the peas with salt and coriander in another bowl, mix well, divide the mixture into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine the carrots with salt in a separate bowl, mix well, divide the mixture into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- How to proceed
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a circle of 4” diameter.
- Spread a little oil on one circle and spread the moong dal mixture evenly on top.
- Place another circle on top and spread the green peas mixture evenly on top.
- Seal the edges gently and roll out again into a circle of 6” diameter, using little whole wheat flour.
- Heat a tava and cook each paratha, using little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve hot with chutney .