Last Updated : 09 May 2018
- 2.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 100 grams cauliflower Or 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 100 grams carrot
- 100 grams potatoe-s
- 100 grams palak
- 8 to 10 french beans,chopped
- ¼ cup heaped peas - fresh or frozen (matar)
- 1 or 2 green chilies - finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped ginger chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon jeera powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- salt or as required
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoon water for kneading, only add if required
- oil or ghee for roasting parathas, as required
- rinse, peel and roughly chop the veggies.
- then steam or boil the veggies in a pressure cooker or steamer till they are thoroughly cooked.
- when the veggies are cooked cool down, then mash with a potato masher.
- mash very well.then add finely chopped spinach,chopped coriander leaves, green chili, ginger ,cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, asafoetida and salt.
- mix the spices and salt very well with the mashed veggie mixture.
- add whole wheat flour/atta. And add little oil.
- start to knead. no need to add water while kneading
- pinch medium sized ball from the dough. flatten & sprinkle some flour all over it.
- gently roll to a size of a chapati or roti. add more flour if required while rolling.
- place the rolled paratha on a hot tava.when the base is one-fourth cooked, flip spread some ghee or oil on this side.
- flip again when the second side is half cooked and again apply ghee .
- flip again a couple of times to get the parathas browned and cooked well.
- serve vegetable paratha with curd or pickle