Methi ka paratha
Last Updated : 09 May 2018
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup tightly packed methi leaves
- 1 or 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 7 to 8 small garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon oil
- ½ cup water for kneading as required
- salt as required
- oil or ghee as required for roasting
- kneading dough for parathas:
- rinse the methi leaves well. drain them completely. chop the methi leaves finely and keep aside.
- in a bowl mix the whole wheat flour and salt. add the chopped methi leaves, green chilies, garlic, oil and mix.
- pour some water and knead to a smooth dough.
- rolling methi parathas:
- make medium sized balls of the dough.
- Dust the dough ball with some flour and then start rolling the methi paratha.
- Roll the dough into medium sized rotis or rounds.
- making methi paratha: place the methi paratha on a hot tawa or griddle.
- when one side is bit cooked or about ¼ cooked, then flip the paratha
- spread oil or ghee on this side.
- flip again a couple of times, till the methi paratha is evenly cooked and has golden spots.
- When it's completely cooked serve it with pickle or chutney