Paneer butter masala
Last Updated : 09 May 2018
- for masala paste: 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large sized onion roughly chopped
- 2 large sized tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger - garlic paste
- 15 whole cashews
- other ingredients:1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup cream
- full cream
- 9 pieces paneer
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- firstly, in a large kadai heat butter and saute onions and ginger-garlic paste.
- further add tomatoes and cashews. saute till they turn mushy.
- cool completely and blend to smooth paste without adding any water.
- furthermore, heat butter and saute bay leaf, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- also add turmeric and chili powder and saute on very low flame for 20 seconds.
- add prepared onion-tomato paste and saute 5 minutes and cover and simmer for 10 minutes or till the oil separates from the gravy.
- additionally add coriander powder and salt to taste.Then after few min
- add cream and mix well.then add cubed paneer pieces and coat the gravy by mixing gently cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- lastly add garam masala and kasuri methi. mix well.
- finally, paneer butter masala is ready