SAKINALU (Traditional Telangana snack)
Last Updated : 09 May 2018
- Rice - 1 cup.
- Carom seeds - 1 tablespoon.
- Sesame seeds - 1/4 cup.
- Salt - to taste.
- Oil - as required for deep frying
- Soak rice for 4 hours, drain the water and let dry for 3 hours.Now grind the rice into a fine powder, it will look like rice flour with no grit.Add the sesame seeds, carrom seeds, salt, warm oil and mix.
- Add about 200 ml of water(more if needed) and make a dough. The consistency of the dough should be such that when you let it loose between your fingers it should slowly flow.
- Spread a clean cloth on a counter. Take a lemon sized dough in the hand and gently with your fingers start releasing the dough in a fine tube, simultaneously twisting it and make concentric circles. Repeat until all dough is complete. Let rest and dry for 2 hours
- Heat oil in a pan. Take a pan and slide the SAKINALU from the cloth to the plate. Gently slide it into the oil.deep fry the sakinalu.