Last Updated : 24 May 2016
One of the desserts originated in West Bengal India. And consumed all over India, Pakistan , Bangladesh. The name comes from to words of Hindi ras, meaning "juice", and malai, meaning "cream".
- 1 litre milk
- 1 lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 cup water
- For malai
- milk 1 litre
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Few saffron, pista and chopped almond
- Boil 1 litre milk and add lemon juice .Strain the chenna in muslin cloth.Rinse chenna through running water to remove lemony flavour
- Squeez ,tie a knot and hang it to remove excess water from chenna. Knead the paneer to a smooth dough,make small balls and flatten them.
- Boil sugar and water ,now add paneer balls,cook for 5-6 min, rest it for 10 min.
- For malai boil milk until it thickens and reduces to half then add sugar and saffron. Keep aside
- Squeez extra sugar syrup from the paneer balls and put in malai ,cook for 5 more min in low flame.
- Turn off, garnish rasmalai with dry fruits and serve chilled.