Last Updated : 13 Jun 2016
Ragi Idlis are one of the healthiest breakfast, Cooked mainly in south India.
- 1 cup idli rice
- 1 cup ragi flour
- 1/4 cup urad dal
- ¼ cup thick poha / boiled rice
- ¼ tsp methi seeds
- Soak the idli rice ,methi and urad dal 7-8hrs. Soak poha 10 min before grinding
- Grind soaked items to fine paste. Mix ragi and 1/2 cup water without lumps
- Add this to grinded batter. Adjust the salt
- Grease the idly moulds and pour the idly batter
- Cook for 10 mins. Check with knife if it comes out clearly,turn off. Else cook for 2 more mins
- Cool completely and remove idlies
- Serve hot with sambar and chutney.