Last Updated : 13 Jul 2016
Spicy paniyaram / paddu one of the spicy Indian dishes which is prepared in a similar procedure as dosa.
- 1 cup raw rice
- 1/4 cup poha
- 1/4 cup urad dal
- 1 tsp channa dal
- 1/2 tsp methi seeds/fenugreek
- 2 tbsp fine semolina/pene rava
- 2 chopped onion
- 2 tsp chilli chopped/paste
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- Soak rice,urad dal,toor dal,channa dal and methi seeds for 7-8hrs. soak poha 1hr before grinding.
- Grind the soaked ingredients to a paste add onion,chilli,salt,semolina and coriander.
- Heat a paniyaram pan with 1/2 tsp oil/ghee in each pit.
- Batter should be bit thicker than dosa batter.pour the batter in each pit till half filled.cook in medium flame,turn over carefully with a spoon by loosening the sides.
- Add another spoon of ghee/oil on top.
- When it becomes golden color or cooked properly remove with the help of a spoon.
- Serve warm with coconut chutney.