Sweet pongal recipe
Last Updated : 19 Jul 2016
The sweet pongal recipe is one of the south Indian famous sweet recipes. Sweet pongal is mainly cooked during Makar Sankranti festival, Dish is easy to cook with simple procedure main ingredients to cook is rice, jaggery, dhal.
- 1 cup raw rice
- 1/4 cup moong dhal
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups jaggery powdered
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp cashewnuts
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 5 powdered cardamoms
- 1 small piece nutmeg powder(optional)
- Heat the 4 tbsp ghee.Fry the cashewnuts and raisins.keep aside.
- Dry roast the moong dal for 2-3min. Cook the rice and moong dal with 3 cups of water and 1 cup milk in the cooker for 4 whistle.
- Boil the jaggery and 1/2 cup water for 5-6min and strain.
- Pour this syrup to cooked rice and dal.
- Add the powdered cardamoms, dry fruits, nutmeg and. Mix well and cook for 5min. Serve hot.