Last Updated : 25 Jul 2016
Gooseberry are basically fruits, With mainly vitamin c contains, it's also high calories fruits 100gm of Gooseberry supply 44 calories of energy.
- 40 big gooseberries
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup chilli powder
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp asfeotida
- 2 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp jaggery
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp dry roast fenugreek powder
- 1/2 tsp dry cumin powder
- Pressure cook the gooseberries(1 whistle).
- Allow it to cool,(deseed them and cut into pieces).
- Or as whole mix with salt, chilli, turmeric, jaggery, fenugreek powder, cumin powder and lemon juice ,keep aside.
- Heat a oil in pan, add mustard, asfeotida saute for 40sec and turn off.
- Cool it and pour on pickle mixture, preserve in air tight container and refrigerate it.