Last Updated : 27 Jul 2016
Sandesh is one of the sweets prepared with milk as the main ingredient, it is one of the famous sweets in Bengal.
- ½ litre milk
- 3 tsp sugar
- Almond pista chopped
- Elachi powder
- Pinch of saffron dissolved in 1 tbsp milk
- Boil the milk and add lemon juice to make milk curdles. Strain and immediately run the water through chenna to remove lemon essence
- Put the chenna in a muslin cloth and squeeze till all the water drain out rest it for 15min.
- Knead the chhenna with the your hand for 4min. Add sugar and cardamom powder, and knead again.
- Cook in a non-stick pan on medium heat for 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat and divide into 2 equal portions.
- Add saffron to one part .Start rolling into a small balls of both portion .Flaten each ball between your palms like pattie.
- Refrigerate it, when cooled, place a almond pistachio on the top and serve chilled.